Features and Benefits
- Multiple Functions for Small Size
- Synchronous 750mA Boost Converter
- Fixed from 3.8V to 8.5V in 100mV Steps
- Synchronous Buck Converter Up to 3A
- Fixed from 0.8V to 3.8V in 25mV Steps
- External Resistor-Adjustable
- Programmable Windowed Watchdog
- 3.0V to 5.5V Operating Supply Voltage
- 2.2MHz Operation
- Individual Channel RESET_ Outputs
- High-Precision for ASIL Applications
- ±2% Output-Voltage Accuracy (OUT1) and ±1.5% Output-Voltage Accuracy (OUT2)
- ±1.5% Overvoltage/Undervoltage Monitoring Accuracy
- Excellent Load-Transient Performance
- Diagnostics and Redundant Circuits
- ASIL-C Compliant
- Redundant Reference
- Fail Safe on Open Pins
- Shorted-Pin Detection on RESET1/RESET2
- Input Overvoltage Detection
- Robust for the Automotive Environment
- Current-Mode, Forced-PWM and Skip Operation
- Overtemperature and Output Short-Circuit Protection
- 4mm x 4mm 24-Pin TQFN with Exposed Pad
- -40°C to +125°C Automotive Temperature Range
The MAX20413 is a high-efficiency, two-output, low-voltage DC-DC converter. OUT1 boosts the input supply up to 8.5V at up to 750mA, while a synchronous step-down converter operates from a 3.0V to 5.5V input voltage range and provides a 0.8V to 3.8V output voltage range at up to 3A. The boost converter achieves ±2% and the buck converter achieves ±1.5% output error over load, line, and temperature range.
The IC features a 2.2MHz fixed-frequency pulse-width modulation (PWM) mode for better noise immunity and load-transient response, and a pulse-frequency-modulation mode (skip) for increased efficiency during light-load operation. The 2.2MHz frequency operation allows for the use of all-ceramic capacitors and minimizes external components. The programmable spread-spectrum frequency modulation minimizes radiated electromagnetic emissions. Integrated low RDS(ON) switches improve efficiency at heavy loads, and make the layout a much simpler task with respect to discrete solutions.
The IC’s step-down regulator can be configured with either a factory-preset or resistor-adjustable output voltage (see the Ordering Information/Selector Guide for options). Other features include soft-start, overcurrent, and overtemperature protections.
Complete documentation is available upon completion of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). To request an NDA, click here.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX20431 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested application circuit for the MAX20431: high-efficiency four-output PMIC. The EV kit can test all outputs to full load within the normal operation input range of 3.5V to 36V. The IC features two modes of watchdog operation, challenge/response and simple windowed mode, which can also be disabled for simplified evaluation. I2C communication must be used to configure the MAX20431 and monitor errors. A PC to I2C interface such as the MINIQUSB or MAX32625PICO, and software for reading and writing to I2C registers (such as SimpleI2C) simplify testing.
Features & Benefits
- Integrated IC Minimizes Board Area and Layout
- Input Voltage Range from 3.5V to 36V
- User-Programmable Settings through I2C
- Challenge/Response or Simple Windowed Watchdog
- 2.1MHz Fixed-Frequency Switching with Spread-Spectrum Option
- Status Monitoring through RESET Pin and I2C Status Registers
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Proven PCB Layout with Automotive-Grade Components
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|MAX20413ATGC/V+||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Thin Quad Flatpack, No Leads|
|MAX20413ATGC/V+T||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Thin Quad Flatpack, No Leads|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.